Dhanbari Nawab palace is one of the most splendid Nawab mansions in Bangladesh. It is located at Dhanbari Upazila of Tangail District under Dhaka Division. The exact distance by road from Uttara of Dhaka to Dhanbari Nawab Palace is 131 Kilometres. Dhanbari Nawab palace is also known as Nawab bari to the local residents.
During the British period in 1919 Nawab Bahadur Syed Nawab Ali Chowdhury built the palace to invite British Lord Ronaldshay. He came near the Koyra Upazila of Khulna District with steamer and had a reception of 30 elephants. Nawab Ali Chowdhury’s successor and son Nawabzada Syed Hasan Ali Chowdhury was the industrial minister of East Pakistan and he was also the member of parliament of Bangladesh until 1978. The magnificent Palace is now belongs to one of the heritor of royal Nawab family.
The integrated area of the palace complex is surrounded by beautiful mosque, lodge and cottages, meeting hall, lake and peaceful garden with variety of trees and flowers. There is a beautiful three domed mosque at the eastern corner of the complex, next to the mosque there is a lake which covers the entire eastern region of the complex. There is a graveyard at the western side of the mosque where the family members of the Nawab family are buried and some graves are also available at the southern side of the mosque.
The progenitor of the Nawab Family maintains the Palace complex in a beautiful manner. They upraised several cottages inside the palace area for overnight staying of the tourists. Dhanbari Nawab palace is the only heritage resort of Bangladesh, thus it is also called Dhanbari Royal Resort.